Working together with renewable energy experts and solar developers, SJK Steel & Construction Services can assist in the project development process. Specializing in parking lot and drive area coverage, we can simplify your project by designing a solar carport or solar trellis structure that is specifically configured for solar panel coverage and alignment without sacrificing valuable parking, drive and walkway areas.
Advantages of Solar carports and structural steel trellis systems:
• Solar carports offer simplified and economical alternatives to complex and expensive ground mount and roof mount systems.
• Solar carports Utilize existing parking areas to generate power without sacrificing valuable real estate.
• Solar powered carports provide shaded or covered parking for autos.
• By utilizing Parking areas in addition to existing building roofs solar carports can vastly increase the overall energy production of your solar project.
• Permanent solar trellis and solar carports systems require little to no maintenance and allow easy access to panels for service and repair.
• Solar powered carports and trellis structures are custom designed so as to position and align panels for optimization.
Project development and Fulfillment services:
• Site layout and coverage configuration.
• Structural and Architectural design and engineering.
• PV panel analysis – layout, alignment, orientation and optimization.
• Project quoting and presentation.
• High resolution digital project preview (illustrations, 3D site fly over)
• Steel Fabrication and delivery.
• Foundations and steel erection.
• PV Panels installation and wiring.
• Follow up service and general maintenance.
As energy costs continue to increase, solar energy has become a viable means by which to offset the cost of electricity. With numerous financial incentives at the federal, state and local level available that are designed to offset the cost of a solar energy system, there has never been a better time to consider adding solar carports to your commercial or multi-housing project. Existing carports can be modified and new solar carports can be added that will not only provide shaded or covered parking for tenants but will also generate income by producing electricity that can be sold back to the power company during peak usage times during the day.